You can find the entire BOG schedule below. To register, please contact Bari Alovis at [email protected].
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2020
STARTING AT 2:30 PM EDT / 1:30 PM CDT/ 11:30 AM PDT
- Opening remarks by Romi Noimark, journalist and anchor at the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation
- Opening greetings from the Chairman of the Board of Governors, Dan Schlessinger, and from the President of the Hebrew University, Prof. Asher Cohen
- Special greetings from the President of Israel, Reuven (Ruvi) Rivlin
- Video clip: The Hebrew University in the Age of the Coronavirus
- Interview with Prof. Yuval Noah Harari on ‘The Era of the Coronavirus: Living in a New Reality’
- Closing remarks
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020
STARTING AT 11:30 AM EDT / 10:30 AM CDT/ 8:30 AM PDT
- Greetings from HU administration
- Report by HU President, Prof. Asher Cohen
- A one-on-one interview with Prof. Asher Cohen and Patricia Glaser, a leading U.S. litigator, and a Hebrew University Honorary Doctorate recipient.
- A special tribute to honor Barbara and Morton Mandel, z”l
- Report by HU Rector, Prof. Barak Medina
- Student Life in the Shadow of the Coronavirus: a panel discussion moderated by Prof. Mona Khoury-Kassabri, Dean of the Paul Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare
- A virtual tour of the Wall of Benefactors, Wall of Life, Legacy Tree, and Wall of Founders and Trustees
- Report by Vice President for Research and Development, Prof. Re’em Sari
- Interview featuring Nobel Laureate Prof. Roger Kornberg and HU Prof. Hermona Soreq
- French philosopher and HU Honorary Doctorate recipient, Prof. Bernard Henri Levy will be interviewed by HU Vice President, Amb. Yossi Gal, followed by a surprise!
- Closing remarks followed by a musical performance by Bo and the HUJIs, a group of researchers who combine science and medicine with their love of music.